The European Graduate School, founded by the non-profit European Foundation of Interdisciplinary Studies, is governed by The European Graduate School Foundation (EGSF).
As of February 2016, The National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) in Malta has licensed The European Graduate School as a University (Licence number: 2015:007) within the The European Qualifications Framework (EQF), which allows for transportability of higher education degrees within European Union nation. Malta and Switzerland are both members of the Bologna Process/Higher Education Area (EHEA).
The following programmes at The EGS have been formally recognized and accredited by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education:
- Master of Arts in Philosophy, Art and Social Thought
- Master of Arts in Expressive Arts Therapy with a minor in Psychology
- Master of Arts in Expressive Arts Coaching and Consulting
- Master of Arts in Literary, Musical and Visual Thought
- Master of Arts in Expressive Arts Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding
- PhD in Expressive ArtsPhD in Philosophy, Art and Social Thought
- PhD in Literary, Musical and Visual Thought
More information about Higher Education in Europe:
Within the United States, the Council of Higher Education Accreditation — standard bearer for the transportability of international higher education degrees to institutions of higher education in the US — formally recognizes the National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) of Malta as their Quality Assurance Body international partner agency. The European Graduate School MA and PhD degrees meet all accreditation and quality assurance standards for institutions of higher education within the United States, as standardized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation.
The United States Department of Education determined that, as of December 12, 2000, The European Graduate School fulfills the definition of an eligible institution under the Higher Education Act of 1965. The EGS School Code OPE ID Number is 03518300.
For further enquiries, please contact: Admissions Department Email